Depending on the size of a live concert tour, many "roadies", also known as "techs" or "Concert Technicians" are employed behind the scenes to produce a successful show. Have you ever gone to a concert and wondered, "how do they get this whole stage set up, and torn down in one day?" Typically, a live concert production arrives at the venue between 7 am and 12 noon and is ready for showtime at 7 pm. After the show, the entire production is loaded back into trucks and is headed off to another…Continue
Here are a few larger companies with areas of their websites dedicated to roadie related jobs such as event production, crew jobs, audo and lighting AV jobs, and cruise ship roadie jobs. These are employment pages where you can browse jobs, and send applications or resumes. AEG LIVE JOB SEARCH - Sports and entertainment promoterCIRQUE DU SOLEIL JOB SEARCH -…Continue
What is your average work day like?Working in the Concert Touring Industry, you probably have one of the most interesting jobs in the world. Let's hear about yours! Looking forward to your replies!Photo Credit: Mark Shane HatfieldContinue
Where Do You Prefer Touring, United States or Europe?What are the main differences?What do you like or dislike about touring in Europe?What do you like or dislike about touring in "The States"?Looking forward to your replies!…Continue
Cruise ships employ many people in Music and Touring Industries.Let's hear from those of you who have done this type of work on cruise ships before.Is this something worth looking into?Looking forward to your replies! Continue
After graduating with a BA Hons degree in Music Theatre and Entertainment Management from Liverpool Institute for Performing Arts, I have spent a lot of my time working freelance in varying roles.
I enjoy the thrill of the demanding industry, and always try and learn and get new experiences with the jobs I take on.
• Assistant Tour Manager for Brit Floyd, March 2015 – Current, 104 shows in America and Canada. The role includes organising dressing rooms, day sheets, guest lists, catering advancements, budgets, venue advancements and overseeing merchandise
• Tour Manager for The Classic Rock Show, February 2015 – 20 UK shows. The role included managing the band on a day to day basis, organising travel arrangements, budgets, catering, guest lists.
• Promoters Rep for Paul Carrack, January 2015 – 20 UK shows. Travelling from show to show looking after the management, and liaising with the venues on box office reports, press and sales figures.
• Promoters Rep for Deacon Blue, December 2014 – 3 UK shows.
• Assistant Tour Manager for Brit Floyd, September 2014 – December 2014.
Any time I spent not on the road with CMP, I worked back in their office helping with venue avails, routing tours, assisting the account manager with purchase orders and filing invoices, placing merchandise orders and booking travel arrangements.
• Assistant Artist Manager and Assistant Tour Manager for Ella Eyre. This job included liaising with lawyers on numerous contracts and agreements, working with promoters on live gigs, overseeing the merchandise stock, assisting the tour manager on a UK sold out tour both with the planning and during the tour, and organising her live events diary.
• Directors PA – this included being a personal assistant for the three directors of the business; working with contracts, looking after invoices and accounts, booking accommodation and travel, taking minutes in meetings, planning writing camps, talent scouting new up and coming artists both online and at events, organising writing sessions and scheduling the calendar for the seventy two studios at the complex. I was also responsible for organising all events and parties the company held.
Autonomy Music Group
• Marketing Manager. This role included working within A&R, and creating strategies, budgets and schedules whilst liaising with others in the industry such as pluggers, PRs, online specialists and artists. Projects included a radio tour for Grant Nicholas, a social media campaign for Kate Nash and Nadia Forde, creating music videos for Tito Jackson and designing artwork for The Heartbreaks.
You need to be a member of Roadiejobs to add comments!