Forum

How Road Crew Gigs Are Found- Websites Vs. Word of Mouth 1 Reply

The internet has many popular resources for roadies looking to find gigs.Do a simple web search and you'll find numerous websites offering "concert touring roadie hiring solutions". (Crewspace, Bobnet, Tour Ready, etc.)The question is, how many people who work in the touring industry find their gigs using an agency, website, or social media group, vs. more traditional roadie hiring methods such as direct personal references, AKA "Word of Mouth".Employers, what methods do you use most often to hire crew?YOU can help answer this question.Try to think of how you were first introduced to your current or past employers and employees."Website" (or any type of job board, agency, etc., who did not know you, or the employer)"Word of Mouth" (personal reference from someone who knew you, and the employer)"Both""Other" (please explain!)-RJContinue

Started by Roadiejobs in General Discussion Forum. Last reply by Roadiejobs 9 minutes ago.

Roadie Job Search Ideas... 10 Replies

Here are a few larger companies with areas of their websites dedicated to roadie related jobs such as event production, crew jobs, audo and lighting AV jobs, and cruise ship roadie jobs. These are employment pages where you can browse jobs, and send applications or resumes. AEG LIVE JOB SEARCH - Sports and entertainment promoter.  CIRQUE DU SOLEIL JOB SEARCH - Worldwide entertainment production.  HOLLAND AMERICA LINE -Cruise ship jobs.  LIVE NATION JOB SEARCH - Sports and entertainment promoter.  PSAV JOB SEARCH - Audio/Visual event production company.  Have you worked with any of these companies before?Your feedback and advice is appreciated!Please Reply Below.Continue

Tags: Roadiejobs, Jobs

Started by Roadiejobs in General Discussion Forum. Last reply by Speedy May 13, 2013.

All Advertisements and Discussions Tagged 'roadie' (6)

Advertisements and Discussions Replies Modern Roadiejobs:

Looking For Roadie Position

Hey there! I'm a nearly 19 year-old with a passion for being on the road. I'm currently looking for any positions on tour that I can get. …

Started by Petra Kent

1 Jan 16, 2016

FEMALE ROADIE IN THE US LOOKING FOR JOB!

I have been busting my ass going to shows, networking, and emailing band managers. I still haven't gotten picked up for a tour.How does a t…

Started by Helen Ramirez

8 Nov 25, 2015
Reply by Gary J Brunclik

U2 north american tour

anyone have a clue on how to beg for a job on this tour?

Started by joe pahlow

2 May 9, 2015
Reply by Marie

Assistant

I am looking to become an assistant. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Anyone with knowledge willing to take me under their wing?…

Started by Charlene Sanford

0 Nov 28, 2013

How To Get Your First Roadie or Concert Technician Job...

Depending on the size of a live concert tour, many "roadies", also known as "techs" or "Concert Technicians"  are employed behind the scene…

Started by Roadiejobs

20 Oct 18, 2009
Reply by LK Hunsaker

Looking for Road Gig!

I've got no strings, no kids, no wife and no place to be anytime soon! I'm a hard dedicated worker and have been in and around the local mu…

Started by Ron G Taghon

0 Jun 29, 2009

RSS

© 2018   Created by Roadiejobs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service